- 1 cup Japanese Short-Grain Rice
- 1¼ cups Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Sushi Rice Vinegar
- 8-10 slices of Pik-a-Pikel pickled mango
- 1 pc cucumber, sliced into strips
- 250g kani (Crab sticks)
- nori sheets
- masago (orange fish roe)
- kewpie mayonnaise
Procedure for cooking:
- Rinse rice with water until drain water runs clear.
- Place rice and cold water in a small rice cooker and cook.
- Once cooked stand for 10 minutes covered in rice cooker.
- Place rice in ceramic bowl then slowly add vinegar while mixing the rice. Flatten rice in one thin layer to let it cool quickly.
- Set aside to cool in room temperature but keep rice covered with a damp cloth while preparing
- Place a sushi mat on a clean flat surface, place a sheet of cling wrap on top.
- Place a thin layer of rice on top of cling wrap, gently press it with a bamboo spoon then top it with a nori sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of wasabi on one side
- Arrange kani, cucumber and Pik-a-Pikel pickled mango on top.
- Squeeze some kew pie mayonnaise on top.
- Now roll the bamboo mat starting at the edge while pressing it firmly, continue until it reaches the end of the bamboo mat.
- Remove the roll from the bamboo mat and carefully slice into 1-inch thick pieces, remove the cling wrap. Moisten the sharp knife every time you cut a new slice.
- Place your masago on a plate then roll each sushi slice on to the masago to coat the outer layer of sushi with it. Serve.