For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir and melt until golden. Pour into the bottom of ramekins or small glazed ceramic or glass bowl.
For the Custard:
- 2 cups plain soy milk (FOR BEST RESULT YOU MAY USE MIRACLE SOYAMILK CLASSIC)
- 1 Tbsp. agar-agar flakes or gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup extra-firm silken tofu (FOR BEST RESULT YOU MAY USE MIRACLE CHINESE TOFU)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place the soy milk in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with the agar flakes. Let sit for 10 minutes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the agar has dissolved.
- Put the tofu, sugar, vanilla, salt, and soy milk mixture in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour into the ramekins over the syrup, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- To remove from the ramekins, dip the bottom in hot water for about 15 seconds, then turn over onto a plate.