- 1 cup cubed miracle firm tofu (FOR BEST RESULT YOU MAY USE MIRACLE EMPEROR’S TOKWA)
- 1 1/2tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 1head of butter lettuce (separated)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons Sambal Olek or Sriracha sauce
- Remove tofu from the package and drain out the water. Place tofu on several paper towels and gently press on it to get excess water out. Then cut the tofu in small cubes.
- Peanut Sauce: Using a whisk, mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add garlic & ginger and cook for 30-40 seconds. Be sure that the garlic doesn’t get burnt (it will turn brown and taste bitter).
- Add tofu and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add half of the peanut sauce and stir until tofu is coated with the sauce. Add more if needed and use the rest as dipping sauce.
- Mix in chopped roasted peanuts.
- Put a spoonful of tofu on lettuce leaves/cups and serve with extra peanut sauce and/or Sriracha.