- 1/2 pack Tofu Medium Firm (FOR BEST RESULT YOU MAY USE MIRACLE EMPEROR’S TOHO)
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 1 Tbsp vanilla almond milk (optional)
- 1/2 (17-1/4oz.) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 11/2 pounds strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- First prepare the tofu vanilla cream: break the tofu up into pieces and add to the food processor along with the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk. Blend for 1 minute until completely smooth. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, flour work surface. Roll out each puff pastry sheet to a 14-inch square. Use a biscuit cutter to cut the puff pastry into 10 (3 1/2 -inch) rounds. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the pastry until golden brown and puffy, about 15 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through cooking. Remove and let them cool. Once cool, horizontally slice each puffed round into 2 pieces.
- Add the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a medium bowl and toss. Let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes so the juices develop.
- To assemble, add a puffed round to a dessert plate. Add a layer of tofu cream and strawberries and dollop of tofu cream. Top with round of pastry and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.